DVD X Copy wont play on dvd player.

By Ragin_Cajun
Nov 23, 2005
  1. I have had DVD X Copy Platnium for a little over a year. I have backed up movies with no problems. Now when I backup a movie it will not play on any DVD players, but plays fine on my PC. Any Ideas?

2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

The disks I make with that program will only play on DVD players made in the past year or 2.
  3. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

are you using the same type of DVD blanks as before? most older stand alone DVD players will not play DVD+R disc's unless your burner supports bitsetting which sets the ID of the booktype as DVD Rom.

DVD X Copy is DEAD software it hasnt been updated in almost 2 years and it isnt going to be either.
  4. Ragin_Cajun

Ragin_Cajun TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yea, same DVD blanks.
    I know it wont be updated, but i cant find another program that will back up css encrypted discs. I bought DVD X platnium, but it wont work either. Waste of a hundred bucks.
  5. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

The newest version of 123 Copy DVD is awsome and supports DL burning. Frys has it for $20.
  6. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

try CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD they work together and you can try them for free for thirty days. they are both still being developed and have great support.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.