DVDRW causes System to reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new Sata DVDrw form Newegg it is a replacement drive for one that crashed. I installed it in to my system and my comp reboots constantly giving a page fault error in non paged area. I replaced the drive with an old one that I had (an IDE drive) and my system works great. The old drive is not lightscribe the new one is. The new drive is an ASUS 1814 blt Sata Lightscribe. Can anyone help with this?

change your BIOS settings in Advanced BIOS Features,

Make sure that the SATA port you are plugged into is enabled, by default they are normally disabled

Does the system reboot when you try and use the drive, or at any time?
Before doing anything else I would reboot into safe mode and remove any drives listed in Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > CD/DVD-ROM drives. Reboot and the new drive will reinstall automatically and hopefully clear the problem.

The drive that I returned was an sata. The drive currently in my system is an IDE. The new drive is an sata. I installed it and my system started to reboot giving me page fault in non paged error. I uninstalled the new drive and reinstalled the IDE drive and my system runs great. Can't figure it out, don't have any problems with an IDE DVDrw drive. The Sata drive worked great until a few weeks ago then it went down. So I rma to NEWegg and got a new drive, same old story with new drive.

Bear in mind that this might be the motherboard SATA driver being compromised by a windows update. Check that there is not a BIOS update to fix this - always a good idea to update these anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back