DVI Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisb52

New 19" TFT Belinea Monitor with DVI-D and VGA connection.
Graphics Card ASUS EN6600 SILENCER TD 256Mb with DVI-I output and VGA connection.
New DVI cable connected with exact pins at both ends. Boots fine till reaching Windows Logo Splashscreen and then resorts to "No Signal--check cable"
VGA cable will work to this monitor but with a Dark Green background which affects all letter displays especially in MWord. All colours are affected.
Any help on solving the failing DVI connection welcome.
Thank you.

Qhat kind of monitor did you have before? and did you uninstal the monitor drivers for your old monitor before installing the new one? another possible cuase would be the resolution settings you had with your old monitor may not be supported by your new one.

re' DVI Problems

I had a 17" CRT Monitor before but wouldn't know how to uninstall its drivers. I would need a bit of detailed info as to how to do this.
The resolution settings on the old monitor were from 800x600 up to (I think) 1024x something and beyond.
Max' resolution on this new TFT is 1280x1024
Any further comments would be welcome as to the above.

if your monitor was not running at any higher resolution that that then that is probably not the problem. and if you didnt install specific drivers for your old monitor but let windows install generic ones thent he drivers should not be a problem.

What type of Video do you have? onboard or a video card?

iss..re' DVI Problem

iss said:
if your monitor was not running at any higher resolution that that then that is probably not the problem. and if you didnt install specific drivers for your old monitor but let windows install generic ones thent he drivers should not be a problem.

What type of Video do you have? onboard or a video card?

My PCI-E Graphics Card (ASUS EN6600SILENCER/TD/256Mb) which is placed into my Mobo' (ABIT AN8 Fatality) and into the only slot it will go into.
My new TFT Monitor, showing as plug and play and manufacturer as "standard monitor type" from the Display Properties and on NVIDIA GeForce 6600. Name not given for the actual monitor at all or the manufacturer.
Thank you for your time here.
As you might have guessed I am a bit new at this diagnostic stuff.

You might want to try using the VGA cable and booting into windows and loading the drivers for the monitor then try connecting with the DVI cable.

Hmm, is the cable in good condition? All pins are intacted? Try wiggling it up and down a little when booting, And Try that too with the Vga cable, if it is not making contact with the gpu port correctly it will offset a colour. Try different vga/dvi cables. Differnet moniters, and Last resort, your gpu's dvi output is bad.I had a few dvi cables/adapters next to me. From Left to Right(Full Dvi Fem, Dvi to VGA male, DVI male full)
dvi6he.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back