DX9 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslord15

I'm running an MSI GeForce4 Ti4200, 64MB version, currently with DirectX 8.1. I'm interested in downloading DX9 in order to:

1) see my 3DMark03 scores
2) just in case newer games (ie. Doom III, Deus Ex: Invisible War) only have support for DX9.

I know for a fact that it doesn't completely support DX9, but will it still work to some extent?

I'm running a laptop with a GF4Go 32mb and I haven't had a problem yet since I installed DirectX9. I don't see any real benefit but its not causing problems.

I'm using DX9 on my 4600 and I haven't had a problem yet, in fact, I have had an increase of performance since I updated. I would go for it, there's nothing to lose; just make a restore point :grinthumb .

BTW, make sure you are using the 40.72 drivers (latest Dets with WHQL Cetifictaion) when you do your 3DMark test as Futuremark is only accepting and posting scores with WHQL Certified drivers.

Yeah, I'm using 41.09 drivers on my computer. No problem there I guess...I suppose it's worth a shot. If anyone else has another opinion, I'm ready to listen to it.

directx9 install

I wouldn't install DirectX9 unless you have a specific game that supports it. Don't install it just if your graphics card supports it because that would be pointless. It is better to wait until an application comes out that requires DX9 that you want to use. Then upgrade to DX9. You don't want the hassles of any bugs that arise out of installing DX9, and DX9 is 99% un-removable. It can be removed but it isn't easy to figure out how. Although you can just install a fresh copy of Windows to get rid of it, but who wants to go through that pain in the *** procedure? So just wait till some application says "oh yes I required DX9 to run" before you install DX9 ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back