DX9 Uninstaller - Not Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I restart in Safe Mode, I have the disc in the drive, and to cut a long story short, it doesnt work.

I looked through the batch file, it keeps trying to use the "extract" command, but that isn't recognised, says command prompt.

I am running winxp, and it's formatted in fat32.

Everything seems to work fine apart from the EXTRACT command, and at the end the:

%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 dxvfix.inf

doesn't work either.

Anyone got any ideas for me, it's really annoying me...

Edit: I don't really need to go back to 8.1 other than to install a program. If any of you have a way to trick Windows XP into thinking that it has got DX8.1 that would help just as much.

I don't really need to go back to 8.1 other than to install a program. If any of you have a way to trick Windows XP into thinking that it has got DX8.1 that would help just as much.
I've got somewhat the same problem with 3D Mark 01. I just did a reformat about a week ago, and upon reinstall, one of the things I did was install DX9.0a. Now when I run Mark 01, it tells me it cannot run because I don't have DX8.1 installed. Not really a big problem though, because all my games run great, and I don't really need Mark 01 anyway.

begging isn't going to make someone come up with an answer any faster. Pretty much MS doesn't want you to uninstall DX9, so its not all that easy to do, DirectX Buster or something claims it will work with dx9 even though its only been proven on 8.1 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back