TechSpot

Dxdiag Cpu Issue

By cfitzarl
Aug 22, 2006
  1. I am able to overclock my cpu in my Bios, and then when I restarted, I would log onto windows xp and run dxdiag, and it would give me the approximate speed next to the defaul speed (ex. Intel Celeron 2.66ghz ~3.0ghz). Then, my hard drive broke, and now when I go into dxdiag, it doesn't give me the approximate speed when I overclock, or even if I don't (it would give me the same speed twice (ex. Intel Celeron 2.66ghz ~2.6ghz). Can anyone help me here. I know it's overclocked, but why won't windows show the speed?

2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

The system properties found in the control panel, tells you your CPU speed. Did you check it?

I found that dxdiag is not very reliable to check CPU speed (although it should).

3. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,975   +9

Oh....I forgot about that....thanks.

4. wolfram

You're welcome mate :)

5. cfitzarl

Do you know of any programs that let you "see" or mantain the temperature of different components in the motherboard without going into BIOS?

6. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

Try downloading speedfan you can control the speed of your fans and it tells you the temp of everything in your comp.

7. wolfram

Speed Fan should work. Hopefully, your mobo is supported. If not, it's useless.

8. cfitzarl

I downloaded it, and it works perfectly! Thanks for your help!

9. wolfram

Cheers mate! :)

See you around....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.