Dyson Humidifier uses ultraviolet light to kill 99.9 percent of bacteria

By Shawn Knight
Oct 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Dyson's second new product category in as many months is an air humidifier. I know that doesn't sound all too exciting at first glance but bear with me as this isn't any ordinary humidifier - even if it does carry...

Read more
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,164

I agree on the dry name. Somebody in their marketing department was obvious asleep, missing gems like...

The Dyson Ebola Bruiser
    The Dyson Hemorrhagic Hurricane
    The Dyson UV Viral Boiler

Or, my personal favorite:

The Dyson Quarantine Master 5000
  3. I do like the Dyson Quarantine 5000 also, but can't help picture the war of the worlds machines that capture Tom Cruise. And if it captured and tortured lil ol Tom, I am sure it would sell.
    Hope the uk governing body of internet comments and trolls didn't think that one was punishable.
  4. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

And yet they still haven't mastered the vacuum cleaner...
  5. Yet another piece of useless crap, wake me up when they'll start selling a Dyson Sphere
  6. BadThad

BadThad TS Enthusiast Posts: 58   +26

BS, I love my Dyson vacuum! One of the best products I've bought in my life. It works well, is very easy to repair myself and the parts are cheap.
  7. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Guru Posts: 860   +307

$60 million to develop a
    My vote is for the The Dyson Hemorrhagic Hurricane
    something about the alliteration
  8. You're as unfunny as you are retarded. Ebola is a virus.
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

The funny part is debatable however what isn't debatable is UV killing viruses.

There are literally thousands of peer reviewed papers on this subject too if you want to pull the 'anyone can put anything on wikipedia' card. light virus destroy&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0,26
  10. The only BS about Dyson is the fact that it's bagless and I hate bagless vacuums because It's impossible to empty canister without getting unwanted dust flying around the room and in my face. Not to mention the dirt stuck to a center post of the canister that required me to touch it to get it clean which add to the cleanup nightmare.

If Dyson offer a bagged version, I would gladly buy it without hesitation. Until then, I'll stick with my trusty old Hoover Tempo WidePath, the reigning champ of bagged vaccuums.
  11. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,164

Do you even UV, bro?