E-Machines any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibtr

I mean I know they arent top of the line or anything... But are they good for what they are supposed to be? As in cheap and decent? Is one even worth getting? Thanks.

eMachines is an entry level box for entry level people with entry level experience with an entry level price.
I've had no problems with the 5 eMachines I have owned...but I'm sure other will disagree here...

are they capable of running the newer games? The reason I'm asking.. I was just at Wal-mart and saw one. They are damn cheap for pretty high specs. I never heard of them before tonight.

Well, they often have problems with power supplies going and sometimes taking out other stuff in the process. I wouldn't buy one; I'd advise you to build your own. cuz if you run into problems, you know where to ask! ;)

Regards :)

kitty500cat said:
Well, they often have problems with power supplies going and sometimes taking out other stuff in the process. I wouldn't buy one; I'd advise you to build your own. cuz if you run into problems, you know where to ask! ;)

Regards :)
I dont know much though.. How practical is it to build a computer when you dont know ****?

Take a look HERE, then decide if you still want an eMachine.

We see more eMachines problems than with any other brand. My advice would be to avoid eMachines if at all possible.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
Take a look HERE, then decide if you still want an eMachine.

We see more eMachines problems than with any other brand. My advice would be to avoid eMachines if at all possible.

Regards Howard :)
yikes. thanks. so what's a reliable cheap brand?

*Probably* has an Intel mobo with a PCIe x16 video slot for upgrading if the onboard graphics won't play the games you like.

High specs is less than 3Ghz, anything over 3Ghz is low end, that sounds funny dosnt it? But it is true for sure.

I'd also say stay away from eMachines. Dell seems OK, but i've heard that HP has the best tech support.

Course the only time I deal with them is when they're old and broken.

Try one of these:

Dell
HP
NEC
Build-Your-Own :D

*whisper* my real message was the last one on the list *

only if you're seriously high after smoking some really good S**t.
Emachines are notoriously bad. You get what you pay for.

If your going to go with Dell I would recommend the 4 year warranty and I would not recommed purchasing an Emachines due to the fact they ae poorly built and dont last very long, I had one that had a 2 1/2 years lifespand. HP is pretty good or you could go with Compaq which is owned by HP bascily its just a cheaper verison oh an HP computer. But the best ideal thing is to build your own system since you can get higher specs for less since your not paying for labor to assembly the system. Hope I could help

I second what everbody else has been saying about E machines. Stay far away from them. I get more of these to fix than any other brand. The power supply poops out and takes the motherboard with it. Most technicians here refuse to work on them because of the issues. Do yourself a favor and get a dell or an hp if you are looking for a proprietary computer.We make jokes about them not even lasting to get the first automatic update from microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back