TechSpot

E Machines

By vicki46939
Jan 16, 2007
  1. My name is Vicki and I need help for cousin's new computer. She bought an E Machine and it has not worked right from day one! It is slow, shuts off and on every so often, and the big fix is a real pain. For some reason it keeps trying to up date every day. Can any one help?

2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 854

If it's under warranty, have it repaired or return it. Do you have the Windows CD for it? Did it come with any recovery disks? Powering off is probably a hardware issue that should be investigated.

3. vicki46939

vicki46939 TS Rookie Topic Starter

E-Machine

Yes we have the CD to reinstall windows xp, this is the only cd that came with the machine. I thought about helping her reinstall to see if this would help. I thought maybe it gets to hot or something to make it shut off. But the bigfix I thing is a joke, but hey could be wrong. Thanks for answering

4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Unfortunately Emachine's are junk. The best thing to do is to take it back and try to get your money back for it. They are the most unreliable and poorly made computers on the market today and are forever breaking down making Emachine's lots and lots and lots of money by them charging ridiculous amounts of money for fixing built-in problems.

5. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

Hello Vicki and Welcome to Techspot :)

is the machine under warranty?

what is "the big fix" ???

6. vicki46939

The big fix is something that was included with the computer. A program that is suppose to help keep your computer running smoothly. My cousin just bought it two months ago.

7. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

unfortunetly, emachine's are known for their low quality power supplies and motherboards and it is not uncommon for them to fail while the PC is still relatively new.

I would suggest you contact emachine's tech support. if it's a software issue, they should be able to walk you through fixing it. if it's a faulty hardware issue (bad mobo/PSU) then they can authorize warranty service.

good luck :wave:

8. vicki46939

A big thank you to all replies.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.