TechSpot

E:\not accessable

By procomp
Nov 20, 2005
  1. Hi, my computer is in middle of having PROBLEMS. My CD recorder isnt working and keeps coming up with the errer that
    E:\not accessible.

HELP WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED
    Thanx in advance

2. procomp

procomp TS Rookie Topic Starter

Also when i go to properties in that drive there is no recording tab.?

3. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

first suggestion have you tryed that drive in another computer to make sure it is not dead or dyeing

4. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

Have you opened your box up recently? Try checking the connections. What PSU do you have?

5. procomp

what do u mean by PSU

6. procomp

No i havenet checked to see if the drive works in another computer but it worked in my computer for more than a year and all of the sudden i cant write CDs. It doesnt even have a recording tab when i go to the properties on that drive. i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it didnt help either?

Any Other Ideas For Me????????????

7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

PSU = power supply unit. I'd say there is a possibility your drive has died, at least for recording cds. A simple CD writer is very inexpensive and an upgrade to a DVD reader/CD writer or DVD writer is not much more expensive.

8. procomp

does that explain y when i go to the properties in that drive there isnt any recording tab??? :suspiciou

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.