E4400 OC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure, but if it does, it voids your warranty.

If you're going to build your own system, you don't need to use that mod, as you can just overclock from the BIOS, which doesn't void warranty (they say it does, but I have still yet to hear from people whose warranty has been revoked from BIOS overclocking...)

Yeah

This CPU is a pull from a OEM, a distributor that I work with is a recycler for HP, Compaq and other various OEMS, meaning he buys units that have been damaged from many circumstances. He then pulls and tests the hardware and resells it at a massive discount. I buy a ton of parts from this guy. Anyways warranties are non existant.

I picked this working CPU up for $39 I just thought it would be fun to mod it.

If anyone has any info please post.

Since you're talking about my mod, I'll comment on it a little. Yes if you do it right it should work with the e4400 as well, since they have the same pin designations. The only difference is that the e4400 has a higher multiplier(10x), so if you do the mod, it'd go to 2.66ghz. I will say that not all motherboards work with the mod, some boards actually read the chip information to identify the chip's proper settings instead of using the "fsb pins" to set the fsb. Also of note, if you get a board that has bios overclocking options, then that is a better option than "pin modding" the cpu. Pin modding is only a good option when the board either has no overclocking options, or has very limited overclocking options. If you have more questions about the mod, feel free to ask.

Actually, there is. Pin G30 is shorted to J30 to do the 1066->1333 fsb mod. You must have a board that supports 1333 fsb to begin with though(and even then, not all boards support the mod). For more info, check out my pin mod gallery pic's comments. I mention the 1066 to 1333 fsb mod in my comments.
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1887/cat/500/ppuser/25139
Also, note if your board already has good fsb overclocking options, then the pin mod is not really needed, as it's usually used with crappy boards that can't oc or can't oc well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back