E6300 vs E6400

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm1286

Alright so which one is better i plan on building a system with dual GeForce 6800xt 512mb and 2gigs of ddr2 800 or 667 havnt picked a motherboard yet big question is which core 2 the E6300 or E6400? Any help from people with them or know anything about them would be appreciated.

If you can afford to get the 6400, then I'd say get it, if not, then the 6300 is good too. If you will be overclocking and want to see what other people are getting for overclocks, here's an interesting link.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1075792

(If you're running sli on an intel nforce based board though don't expect high overclocks.)

Personally, I prefer one fast card to to mid range sli'ed cards, since not all games utilize sli, and it's a more complex/expensive setup to do a sli.

Get a 7900GS/GT they cost the same or less than 2 6800Xt's, and use less power, and less heat. The 7900GT also outperforms 2 6800XT's.

As another question about graphic cards is how important do u think a good graphic card is for cad/cae and encoding stuff

Umm, there are special graphics cards for 3d rendering, the ATI FireGL series, and the nVidia Quadro series.

Okay well have you guys heard anything about requirements for engineering programs or is that mainly ram and cpu burden

all in all im not very happy with this dual core hype, hardly any difference because the applications are still fighting to use the same hard drive.

go with the E6400, the higher multiplier will yeild better clocks when you oc... i'm wanting to trade my E6300 for an E6400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back