TechSpot

EA cancels 2014 college football game following NCAA dispute

By Shawn Knight
Sep 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Electronic Arts recently announced they will not publish a college football game next year. EA’s GM of American Football Cam Weber revealed the news in a blog post on the subject, saying the company was evaluating their plan for the...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

And who can blame these student-athletes and why should EA get richer at their expense?
    wastedkill likes this.
  3. psp100travis

psp100travis TS Rookie

Unless you make money off the way you look like actors or models I don't think it should matter. There's always someone out there who looks close to you so could they both claim for it to be them. EA put the millions of dollars into the game. I bought I think it was the 2009 version on ps3 and the players were not similar hardly at all except for race.
  4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,075   +76

Man I hope they don't start paying college athletes... One of the best things about college ball is that it is purely competitive, without being corrupted by the allure of fame and money. Once upon a time, the NFL used to be about the love of the game too.
    Darkshadoe likes this.
  5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,913   +362

Honestly, I don't think they should get paid, but if other people are making millions off of them, maybe they should get scholarship money. Or maybe they should let people into college games for free (can you imagine?)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.