TechSpot

EA Desert Strike trademarks could hint at series revival

By Russ Boswell
Dec 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Electronic Arts has filed for two new trademarks concerning a game labeled "Desert Strike."  If that title doesn't sound familiar to you, it's probably because you're too young to remember it. That particular shoot'em up was released "way back" in 1992....

Read more
  2. Taharial

Taharial TS Rookie

Those games were so much fun and I wouldn't mind seeing a revival. I loved the sound it made when you'd hover over ammo or fuel and you'd hook onto it and drag it back into your chopper.
    SalaSSin likes this.
  3. SalaSSin

SalaSSin TS Member Posts: 94   +30

Good memories! I had it on Sega Mega Drive. 11 years old in 1992, 21 years later and still a gamer :)
    BlueDrake and Taharial like this.
  4. "Those games were so much fun and I wouldn't mind seeing a revival. I loved the sound it made when you'd hover over ammo or fuel and you'd hook onto it and drag it back into your chopper."

I can confirm that was the single memory that stands out from that game
    the hook

I remember that game still I was 10 years old
    Taharial and SalaSSin like this.
  5. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 802   +8

Almost every time I turned my GameBoy on, I had to play this game at some point. I absolutely loved it.
  6. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 131   +17

One of my favorite games!
  7. Ravey

Ravey TS Rookie Posts: 20

An awesome game!

I wouldn't want it turned into a 3D FPS / Flight sim game though. It would be desert strike.

I hope if they make a revival of this that they keep the isometric view.

A lot of current games have had a lot of success with this. Just look at Starcraft, Diablo, League of Legends.

Hmmm a MOBA style Desert Strike??? That could be all kinds of fun.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.