TechSpot

Early iPhone prototype used 5x7-inch display, multiple I/O ports

By Shawn Knight
Mar 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Extremely early images of an iPhone prototype have surfaced showcasing a massive 5-inch by 7-inch display and a bevy of I/O connections. The “handset” measured nearly two inches thick and predates the first iPhone launched in 2007 by two years...

Read more

2. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

I had the Iphone since release up until the 4. Was tired of waiting for a bigger screen so now I have the Galaxy Note 2, plenty big for my tastes. Sadly the Iphone seems to be losing its muster since. Samsung is the new Apple.

UNKNOWN9122 likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,423   +822

The size of cell phone screens are going from ridiculous to sublime now.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

The note 2 is huge, but the Galaxy S4 is supposed to be just half an inch less. I wont be surprised if the note gets bigger lol. I hope Samsung introduces a new mini, with the same specs, but just a smaller screen.

5. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 350   +54

Shoot, put a case on it, market it as the new iPhone and the drones would line up around the block LOL ;)

UNKNOWN9122 likes this.
  6. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +108

I bet that in five years this exact model of iPhone will become popular with retrophile hipsters of the future.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.