Earth may once have had two moons

Archean

A new theory suggests the Earth once had a small second moon that perished in a slow motion collision with its "big sister". Researchers suggest the collision may explain the mysterious mountains on the far side of our Moon.

The scientists say the relatively slow speed of the crash was crucial in adding material to the rarely-seen lunar hemisphere. Details have been published in the journal Nature.

Wow. Every other day scientists come out with a new theory about what we may of had in the past.

I honestly don't know what the truth here is, but to be honest, this kind of subject matter intrigues me! If this theory is accurate or not, I feel it's always a good thing when man is made to think about things, ponder the truths, and come to his or her own determinations.

I enjoy it when man's "so called" reality's are challenged and even stretched by thought and theory!

I like this! :)

Our moon's had a hard life; Its mother, the planet Theia, was crused to death by the earth, then the moon was born into being battered by all the asteroids and debris left over, leaving all those creators...Now we learn it probably had to go through this.

Poor Moon.

I've had heard about this a while ago...

I do believe in this, They got some facts to back it up and C'mon there scientists and thats what they do best is tell people what has been here in the past and whats coming in the future.

Back