ebay email scam, lol

amazon_sephy

Hey guys,

This kinda goes along with the headline on the whole paypal scam. I recieved an email saying "Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify
your current information. Either your information has changed or it is
incomplete.
As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted. To start
using your eBay account again, please update and verify your information by
clicking the link below (link not included here). This might get some people, but jeez, i dont even have an ebay account, so i wonder wth they are thinking. quite funny i think.

phishing as this is called is getting worse.I get mail for CitiBank, Visa Capial One, everyone knows to >Delete immediately and contact the real institution if you have dealings with them to report the incident.
Pitiful way to make a living!

I don't use ebay, paypal, or indeed any web payments service. Still get hundreds of these

GMail puts a warning on the top saying something like: "NOTE! This email is unlikely to be from the insititution it claims to be".

They're usually so misspelled only an ***** would fall for them anyway.

Yes, unfortunately people like us catch this sort of crap, but others don't, and they get all sorts of information. It's sad really

I received a "Second Notice" to upgrade my information from Ebay yesterday. My policy is to delete these messages and then go to the real site and sign in just to make sure it was phony. I personally would never use a link in an email to attempt to update any information.

yeah, links are dangerous, what with spoofing and all. Never know what your really clicking yourself into. To make that matter worse, microsoft recently stated that spoofing isnt a security bug, so i doubt they will fix it. Hopefully Firefox can help the situation out...

I love messing with them

Personally, when ever I get these kind of e-mails, I just make up a bunch junk, and usually give them a first name like "F*(k You" Last name "@$$h0le". I just enjoy giving them junk for information, including using the first four numbers off my card and the rest is invalid :D. I realize they are tracking my e-mail address, but it is a yahoo account, so no worries. If they hijack it, they can have all that spam I send to that address. :grinthumb

Back