eBay to revamp feedback system after 11 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

Any comments on this? I see more of the same quite frankly.
There will always be buyers and sellers who disagree on WHEN feedback should be posted.

I for one am in the buyer doesn't get feedback until he/she has left feedback to me - the seller. I have been burnt too many times by newbies and scumbags.

At the same time I have also been burnt by bad sellers which is why I always use a charge card. Paypal protection is pretty much worthless and takes forever.

What are they doing to change the system? I think it's a horrible system, but there is really no other way to give feedback ;) .

They are going to give you several rating areas like shipping service, communication, quality of product, etc....

I've noticed it a few days ago. It doesn't add much to the buyers' ratings though & to me that's almost as important as the sellers' ratings.

I've been burned on both ends. But I have also transacted quite a bit. I have about 147 feedbacks roughly.

I don't have that much feedback myself that's because I wait a while & contact the seller/buyer quite a lot before the purchase. When I see an auction ending the same day, I don't even follow it as I consider it to be too late.

When you have a seller/buyer that's very communicative, you can get a good idea of it's worth pursuing the transaction or not. I'm of course speaking for myself & I only sell/buy things every now & then, I'm not running a business through it.

I always look for auctions ending soon. Guess I'm more trusting. Then again most of my purchases are NES games for $5 or less :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back