ECS motherboard help.. plz!

By ice2111
Apr 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have the following

ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A (V5.1) LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

LG 18X DVD±R Super-Multi DVD Burner
    Albatron Geforce 7300GS
    Kingston ValueRAM 1GB
    SAMSUNG 250GB
    Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz

This setup was running flawlessly for about 2-3 months now and then suddenly it started to not boot up properly every other power up. When I would hit the power button, it would just freeze at the BIOS screen where it says "press del to enter BIOS setup" The only other thing it would say is the version of my BIOS and the type of processor. Upon restarting it would usually work. I re-seated the processor, memory, and vid card. Then it worked for a few days with out any problems. I came back from the weekend to find it just got stuck on the bios screen no matter how many times i tried to reset. I made sure my memory was in right, made sure all the connections were good, etc. Upon turn on, No video output. System would just idle. No power to CD drive. No beeps or anything. System would just idle. Please Help!!!!!!
  2. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

Just a guess - put in a new bios battery.
  3. KaitenV

KaitenV Newcomer, in training Posts: 29

I have the same motherboard, Vista gives me a BSOD.
  4. ice2111

ice2111 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I'll try the battery maybe..
    ALso I jsut discovered today that the dvd drive isn't functioning, LED doesn't light up, won't open.
  5. KaitenV

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I thought it was the PSU.
  6. RUDEBWOY

RUDEBWOY Newcomer, in training Posts: 394

eh i have learned that dont ever buy a ecs mobo i had one my self when i did my first custom built and it was nothing but non stop problems after another...asus all the way.
  7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

hallmark signs of a failing PSU or bad memory.

Test ram with memtest 86+

also try replacing your PSU.
  8. kwspony

kwspony TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 159

I second that motion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. KaitenV

if it were the PSU or RAM I don't think I would get BSOD when I try to install vista for front side bus issues. I also tested my RAM with memtest 86+ (could install linux, just can't boot to it), but all went well.

I'm pretty sure this MOBO is a POS.
  10. ice2111

so what should i try? I'm not gvetting a BSOD, my system just idles, no boot up screen or anything
  11. RUDEBWOY

yea man from some one who had a ecs elite mobo it is crap go with asus ecs=to much headaches.

12. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Elite-Group actually makes good non-gaming motherboards.

I also don't like overhyped and super expensive ASUS Motherboards. Go with Gigabyte, thats my 2 cents.

And its GeForce not Geforce. Please people.
  13. T_C_

T_C_ Newcomer, in training Posts: 35

Just hope you never have to call asus tech support. Three times I've waited over 30 minutes on hold just to be answered with "we're really busy right now. Sorry but you'll have to call back later." Right now I'd have to say EVGA is the way to go! -TC
  14. RUDEBWOY

you are kidding me?lol.everytime ive called asus for tech support on there mobos i got in touch with a tech support instantly.nor did i have a issue with the mobo just a question lol.nothing but great support etc with them.
  15. T_C_

Haha you must have gotten lucky! I have had no luck with them, seems like they've got one guy on tech staff trying to handle 100 lines. Could have been the time of day or something. I have had the same sad experience with their products :mad: ...kind of wishing I had SOME kind of good experience with that company to rave about. I have heard good things.
  16. ice2111

so does anyone have a straight answer for me besides

omg ecs suxs go with asus etc...
  17. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

1)Try updating your BIOS.
    2) Many don't like ASUS.
    3) Try using memtest to see if your RAM is good. I've had issues with Kingston Value.
    4) Update your drivers.
    5) Your power supply appears to be the cause. The PSU is the most overloked piece of a PC. Please provide information about yours.
  18. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

Some logical (maybe wrong, I often am) thinking:

IF memtest works then the cpu is powering the bios enough to do that - if it doesn't, the likely culprit comes down to bad psu or cpu or bios chip.

Since, if your comp is baked, you will be better advised to build a new one (lots of experience now, right?), you could expense out the new psu (say about 500-550 w) as a needed purchase anyway and try it in your present comp.

Just a thought anyway.

:)

19. T_C_

My guess would be your PSU but make sure to do your homework before you drop a hundred+ bucks on a new one. Check voltages, etc.
  20. RUDEBWOY

to be honest with you man now that i think of it...when i had my ecs elite mobo the issue i was getting was due to ram i pulled out one of my 512 sticks and i stopped getting bsod errors while playing games.i tried everything bios update etc it was just a ram problem.
  21. ice2111

I don't know if you guys understand my problem or not. I'm not getting BSOD. i'm not getting anything. Upon power up, the system just idles. no error screens or bios screens or anything. my PSU is a 500W aprevia.
  22. kwspony

kwspony TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 159

You say you made sure you have the right RAM. Did you check on the ECS site or Kingstons? I had issues with my ECS board powering up when I first got it. Kingston said it's RAM would work, so I bought it. ECS said it wouldn't. ECS was right!!!! The Kingston RAM would not work with my mobo. Once I got the right RAM my PC powered up fine.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.