ecs p4m800pro-m cant get agp card working please help

By cafro
Jun 20, 2007
  1. I have connected everything propperly and double checked. When booting with the evga 7800 geforce i get a countinuous loud beeping noise and notice that the cpu is heating up (105 degrees).

I can get the computer to boot up with the onboard graphics card.

I am going to try flashing the bios using the onboard graphics card.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

It does not make the loud niose when i remove the video card so it has to be the video card...

specs are
    ecs elite group p4m800pro-m
    core duo 925 intel 3.0 ghz
    1.5gigs ddr400
    maxtrix 40 gig hard drives
    evga geforce 7800 agp 8x

2. cartera

cartera TS Addict Posts: 276   +67

The bleeping i think (could be wrong) would mean its a hardware fault meaning it is incompatible but with a graphics card i find this unlikely are you sure you have a big enough power supply? I know the 7800 eats its way through a lot of power.
    Hope this is of some help!
  3. rmdl51

rmdl51 TS Maniac Posts: 244

Hello and welcome to techspot!
    I have some observations for you, first as far as I know there's no Core Duo 925 unless you mean the Pentium D 925.
    Second: I have one of those MOBO and doesn't support that kind of CPU unless you have the P4M800pro-M2.
    Third: having 1.5GB of ram means you are mixing two sticks of RAM which might be also incompatible with your mobo, please provide more details about brand and speed of your RAM.
    Like the previous post said, the 7800GS need a lot a Juice and if your PSU doesn't have at least 18A on the 12v rail you won't be able to use this Video card.
    There are still two questions in the air:
    1-did you bought the MOBO brand new? if so why the onboard graphics doesn't boot, if it's defective Return your MOBO. even if you are not gonna use it onboard graphics should work.
    2-how did you obtain that temp of 105?

If there is anything else i can do to help let me know GL :wave:
  4. puffader

puffader TS Rookie Posts: 42

These Mobo's suck!

Just so you know, I also have a P4M800PRO-m, I have 1gig of PNY, I have a g-force 7800gs, and I have the Pentium-d 925 processor. My problem is that I will be playing a game or running a program and it restarts. I went to Fry's and found out that these ECS mobo's are fry's generic versions of good Mobo's and appearently they have been having problems with these boards, I myself am going to get a new Mobo cause no one can tell me how to fix this darn problem!
  5. puffader

The replys....

I believe the other gent is right about the memory it has to be the same in both slots IE: 1gig/1gig or 512mb/512mb so on. but just to let that guy know in case he doesn't Pentium-D, the D stands for Dual Core, its just version1 so to say, the core2 dual is there new one something to the effect of USB1 and USB2....anyway hope that helps!
  6. rmdl51

rmdl51 TS Maniac Posts: 244

Sure I know about Pentium Dual Core but thanks for making that clear to everybody, maybe I was wrong thinking that cafro mention core duo as a Core2Duo, but now you have clear everything up! :D

About the memory it's not that running 1GB+512 won't work, they will work but as a single channel not as a Dual as they were supposed to work.

I will take the ocassion to remember everybody that ECS are cheap, unreliable, unstable motherboards. I use to have ECS for a while before finding out how bad were this MOBO's. I still have a few but those are just for basic systems, maybe a celeron for web surfing or do some homework, anyways just want to let you know before investing money on any computer components, invest in a good motherboard!
  7. puffader

8. cafro

cafro TS Rookie Topic Starter

Im glad I found this site and thanks for trying to help yall. Im comin back to library and still havnt fixed problem however here is status.

I can get the computer to boot and everything with my geforce FX 5200. Also this is with a-

1gig stick of corsair and a 512 of samsung

The beeping noise with the geforce 7800 was when i didnt have it plugged in, oops!

BUT even when its plugged in, the moniter recognizes there is some sort of signal because it does come on but it stays black I can just tell it regocnizes because the beeping blue light that searches for signal on my samsung lcd stays solid and the black idle screen when powerless powers on and changes slight color.

However it doesnt show boot prompt process and doesnt load windows, it just stays on like its recieving a signal......

Possibly its the power supply but my power supply is a demon and outputs it from,,,and it was running the 7800 on my last setup a asus MB and a 2600amd xp......

I will try running the 7800 with the 1 gig stick and see if that works.....

And I guess the other possibility is that the Power supply is to weak....but i kinda would like to invalidate this cause it was working with my last setup which used the same power supply.....

so it will boot with a nvidia fx5200 but it wont boot with the evga geforce 7800.....

so its gotta be a video card issue....

I will also flash today if I can to the bios....

More imput would be appreciated as I have been trouble shooting all night to no avail....

Yeah i know the ecs's are junk but im on a budget right it was a good deal...1bill (with the processor)....please give this some more thought,,,i gotta get this rig running!:]
  9. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

everything u listed in the new system takes more power and seeing the problems u are having I would say get a better powersupply, and get mattched mem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.