Edit page during Win98 boot up

By Hodsocks
Aug 30, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone help me out here? I have a problem with a Win 98 machine which keeps throwing up a DOS Edit page during bot up into windows. If I close it down it just carries on into windows but its a bit of a pain having to do it all the time.
    I have checked everything I can think of and nowhere can I find a command to open Edit during boot up.
    If I hit F8 and choose "Step by step confirmation" sure enough there is a line for edit, so if I select NO it doesn't appear, but which of the files is asking for Edit to run?

If anyone can tell me which file the command line is in I can delete and hopefully resolve the problem.
  2. Hodsocks

Hodsocks TechSpot Guru Topic Starter Posts: 525

OK I got it sussed, there was a line in the Autoexec.bat file which I just rem'd out. Strange cos I swear I looked at this file before. I finally got it sussed anyway.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.