Edward Snowden's stay in Russia is extended for another three years

Justin Kahn

edward snowden russia fugitive terrorist watch

After being responsible for one of the most notable top-secret government data leaks in recent memory, Edward Snowden was criminally charged and is currently considered a fugitive by the US government. The former, self-proclaimed secret government agent sought refuge in Russia, but now that his one year free pass is up, Snowden has obtained an extension. In a statement this morning, the former NSA contractor's lawyer announced that Snowden will be allowed to stay in Russia for another 3 years before a permanent decision must be made.

Snowden's legal representation noted that this may give him a little bit more freedom and may even allow him to travel outside of Russia. However, the permit is just temporary and Snowden will eventually have to make a decision as to whether he will return to the US a fugitive or apply for citizenship in Russia.

As some have suggested, even though there may be other options on the table for him, staying in Russia might be the safest. The chances of him returning to the US are likely fairly slim considering the criminal charges laid against him and he might want to be careful with the international traveling. The US has already been reported to have been asking for help from other countries to help with capture and extradition.

For now, Snowden appears to be safe in Russia for another 3 years, but the US has another leaker on its hands. US officials confirmed the existence of another insider leaking top secret terrorist watch info yesterday.

Permalink to story.

It will be funny if the new snitch ends up in Russia as well, making it a trend :)

Even Jason Bourne finished his career with a trip to Russia, nice retiring harbour for ex-agents ;)

You would tend to believe with all these leakers coming out of the woodwork that maybe.. oh I dont know.. that its a possibility that the US government is up to no good?

Naaaa...couldn't be.

Up to no good depends on whose perspective. If you are a middle class male you are probably screwed. If you are ruling class your peeps are becoming entrenched, not bad. If you are lower class it's the same as it ever was.

Edward Snowden's is a Good Guy, he told us that the Gov are SPYING in our phone conversation and Tex, Reading our Email. Thanks to him well all know what this corrupt Gov are doing behind us. and even More he realist Info that Microsoft, Google,Att,, Verizon, And much of the cell phone company was Giving the Gov all the Privet info.... even More Developer was collecting info from us Truth application and giving to the Gov. no Qustion ask Edward Snowden's is a Hero!!

Good on Russia.
If he goes back to the states he will probable end up in Gitmo.

Sometimes I can't make heads or tail of this site.
I just got done speaking to the site, and it can't make heads or tails of you either......:rolleyes:
Good on Russia.
Anyway Russia just levied a ban on food imports from the US and EU.

Primarily, that means the cold war is heating up, Putin is pouting, and it is possible few hundred thousand Russian peasants may starve to death this winter.

Have you considered joining Mr Snowden? Perhaps as a show of support.

Good on Russia.

Primarily, that means the cold war is heating up, Putin is pouting, and it is possible few hundred thousand Russian peasants may starve to death this winter.

If I had the option,yes. Tired of South Africa.

Well America DID have the greenest grass. We'll probably still be comparatively the greenest but by not quite a large margin anymore. Equilibrium of grass greenness.

Well America DID have the greenest grass. We'll probably still be comparatively the greenest but by not quite a large margin anymore. Equilibrium of grass greenness.
Well, unless you have the big bucks, Bahama and other resorts south of the US are out. As for continental South America, if the grass were greener there, we wouldn't need a border patrol, now would we? . Mexico City DF, anyone?

Canada and Alaska have the greenest grass around, it's just that it only grows about 3 months a year....Brrrrrr!

Mexico City is in North America captain :)
@Jos Agreed. I should have opened that sentence more along the lines of, "South of the Rio Grande, there's always Mexico City, D.F.", seventeen million souls and still counting. That said, the US / Mexican border is the break between Latin America, and British / French holdings in North America. Although, if you can speak a little Spanish, you should be able to tell me where "Yellow Texas" is.

Anyway, here's a song for my oversight:
And the attendant Wiki Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportee_(Plane_Wreck_at_Los_Gatos

So since this tragedia in 1948,, the grass continues to be greener here in the US, as billions are being pumped into to preserving that juncture between the US and Latin America.

In any event, I'm having trouble getting my head around Mr. Snowden's extension of stay in Russia has anything to do with a search for "greener pastures". Most of the members of this site really only caught the tail end of the "cold war". Russia's management of East Germany was egregious at best. "The Wall", came down before many of the people with the biggest Epinions about Mr Snowden and his "heroism", were born.

President Putin's ego was massively inflated by success of the the Sochi Winter Olympics. Snowden is nothing but a propaganda tool, a broad based excuse to further Russian isolationism, and Putin's agenda for territorial expansion.

Or to paraphrase British Monarchic succession protocol, "the KGB is dead, long live the KGB".

This is great news. I hope they keep extending his stay in jail more and more.

Good on Russia.

If I had the option,yes. Tired of South Africa.
I'm tired of Zuma and his thugs, not SA.

Well, unless you have the big bucks, Bahama and other resorts south of the US are out. As for continental South America, if the grass were greener there, we wouldn't need a border patrol, now would we? . Mexico City DF, anyone?

Canada and Alaska have the greenest grass around, it's just that it only grows about 3 months a year....Brrrrrr!

I live in canada and you are forgetting spring!

You don't just wake up on june 1st and the grass is there lol.

I'm tired of Zuma and his thugs, not SA.

And that wont change unless people realize that they are voting in Zuma not just ANC.
Alot of South Africans need to grow a brain and realize what zuma and his thugs are doing.

It's bad enough that some of them that realize the anc is run by *****s but then go and vote for Malema.

I just got done speaking to the site, and it can't make heads or tails of you either......:rolleyes:

Somehow I just don't see you rolling your eyes. But if you're on speaking terms with the site can you kindly tell it to stop it's bromance with this traitor? 'Kay, thanks, bye.

And that wont change unless people realize that they are voting in Zuma not just ANC.
Alot of South Africans need to grow a brain and realize what zuma and his thugs are doing.

It's bad enough that some of them that realize the anc is run by *****s but then go and vote for Malema.

Somehow I don't see that happening. While it's good that you guys got rid of apartheid, the government you got in place of that seems to be treating blacks even worse.

Somehow I just don't see you rolling your eyes.
Me neither, but that's a flaw with the set of emoticons in this software. The software itself is better than vBulletin, but the smilies are strictly from hunger..:D (Can you see me going, "oops")?

But if you're on speaking terms with the site can you kindly tell it to stop it's bromance with this traitor? 'Kay, thanks, bye.
I think you're going to have to "duke it out" with the pro-Snowden crowd, the same as me.

If they hate you when you step into the ring, so be it.

The site is neutral about such things.

Myself? I'm already on board with you. I think Snowden is a bigger camera wh*re than, ":the reverend" Al Sharpton.

Last edited:

I live in canada and you are forgetting spring!

You don't just wake up on june 1st and the grass is there lol.

England is supposed to be a 'green and pleasant land' but my lawn is looking very patchy at the moment due to the long dry summer. I'm also not sure how long England will stay pleasant if Cameron and his cronies manage to destroy the remaining green areas by allowing unrestrained house building and Fracking.

England is supposed to be a 'green and pleasant land' but my lawn is looking very patchy at the moment due to the long dry summer.
Nope! I'm pretty sure that would be "Ireland"
I'm also not sure how long England will stay pleasant if Cameron and his cronies manage to destroy the remaining green areas by allowing unrestrained house building and Fracking.
Well, over here fracking is causing earthquakes. I'll bet if they overdo it in the UK, the place will simply sink into the ocean...:eek:

Simply can't wait until your tabloids get a hold of that news......
................."Ireland Overboard"........."Natural Gas Suppliers Hit With Single Most Expensive Class Action Law Ever".

Back