Case #1: Heres the thing, I went to a friends house (wolvman on here) and was getting it set up. He told me that because I needed a hard drive still, and that neither of the raptors he gave me worked, he had a 160 gig IDE drive. I plug it up, having to unplug the side fan, because all of the power supplies I have are limited to 6 ( I think ) legacy connections. I start the computer up, nothings wrong, but its lagging a little due to the system (XP home) getting drivers, etc. for the hard drive. It comes up and says its working, so I check it, and it was. It had a previous installation of XP on it, so I see everything. We then decided to play CS:S, and about 10 minutes into it (it was running fine and dandy) it just shuts off. First I think that the GPU went out, because I didn't notice the computer went off, just that the monitor said "No signal", but it went completely off. I proceed to try to turn it back on, and it does NOTHING. I pulled the side of the case, and checked how hot it was. The Power Supply was pretty freaking hot, along with the GPU, CPU, and HDD's. This is where I get scared. First, I think it just overheated and shut down, but then I realise that that's usually a BSOD, correct? Would the HDD's usually get that hot? Its a simple Maxtor 160gig, I believe its 7200 RPM. No point in making 2 threads. X_D Case #2: I got a motherboard from him after this, us deciding that I needed to upgrade anyway. While its not great, its still decent. It contains an Athon XP 3200+ (Same as his computer) and has PCI-E support. I have no clue what the maker is, or anything. It has a Geforce 6100 IGP, but the guy used to have a GPU in it, but his brother stupidly knocked it off of the bed, and one of the battery things on the GPU (what are these??) busted, and acid went all over it. Do you think it will still work? It is already in my case with a power supply, but I am waiting for him to find the manual so I can plug up the power switch and everything [ will it hurt anything to just try different pins? I stupidly did the uppermost top right one on the set of pins that you plug them up to, and it wouldn't shut off without switching it off on the back of the PSU...]. Simply, do you think Battery acid could've killed the Motherboard? I apologize for this very long topic, but I haven't been on for a while, and in the meantime, this all happened.