Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IH8PunkRok

yes you have seen the ads uve heard people talk about it but is it really that good of a game?
..........yes.......... it is
First of al the graphics in Oblivion are incredible if you have the right system
(im runnin the 360 so i dont have to worry about that)
Oblivion offers 40 hours of gameplay. Trust me 40 hours is not enough to beat this game. Walking from city to city sometimes takes almost 10 minutes. It is not as boring as just walking down a path, no no, wolves bandits crabs and imps lurk around waiting to attack. an i assure you they are merciless.
If you walk off the beaten path you will find all types of wildlife that will not kill you (like deer and... well thats about it)
The missions are complex and challenging but survivable (after you have tried them 4 or 5 times)
The characters are incredibly detailed. At the beginning you go through an sometimes half an hour construction of what your character looks like. There are ten races to choose from each having its own special abilities and bonuses.
The combat is challenging and tedious but always fun. In the IMperial City there is an arena where you can be a gladiator and fight to the death with random people (or you can be safe and just bet on matches and watch them)
Navigation is a fairly easy task. With a map and compass provided in the game you can easily find cities. And when you want to do a mission a little red arrow points you in the direction of that mission. (it can be confusing, i cahsed one guy around for 3 days because the arrow pointed at him)

The only problem with Oblivion is it will suck your life away. It is a game where you go through life as a person and just live and of course his life is more exciting than yours so it is easy to lose track of time while playing it.
I often get lost in the woods because i was hunting deer but the lovely compass and map always help me find my way back.\

So yea that is my brief review of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
if you have an questions about this game message me or just reply to this post

well in order for me to play this game i need a new cpu cause mine blows to hard to even play this game at all (i can't even play it on very low) my graphics card is not good enough everything in the game is completely white and you cannot enjoy it, so i am buying a new cpu.

It looks better on the computer.

Computer had HDR+AA, smoother framerates.

Computers are more powerful than consoles.

Great review.

40 hours of gameplay?!

It actually has 200+ hours of gameplay :)

Also PS3 sucks, I had it and sold on EBay because all the games to 360 ( I wouldn't be surprised if MGS goes to 360 too )

It's just a $700 bluray player

I think Time's post meant that the blueray was a waste. In which it is. Especially from sony's standpoint. They're losing so much money.

well maybe right now it is. but sony is thinking 10 years into the future. it an investment and when you invest in somthing you lose alot right out of the gate but in the long run i think sony has made the right choice.

Sony isnt making the right choice. The blueray cost them 300 dollars alone to put it in the system. I can see if they had blueray patented, but they dont. They could have sold the ps3 for the same price w/o it and the noobs would have still bought one. That's almost a 30% increase in money made. Any technology that's 10 years ahead of its time is bad technology. That's like saying the first MAC was 10 years ahead of its time. Only thing blueray gives is larger diskspace. Which isnt needed right now at all and in 10 years blue ray wont exist...watch.

Anyone know if this is released on PSP? Some places say yes, others say that the game is too big for a UMD. And I have not seen it in the stores nor on Amazon for the PSP.

If Sony is thinking that the PS3 will last 10 years just because of a blu-ray player... Sony is quite stupid. The graphics on the PS3 are around equal to the 360, and both of them are already behind PCs. Just imagine how much better PC graphics, the next Xbox graphics, and probably even Nintendo's next low-powered system graphics will be in 2017. By that point, the technology (optical drive aside) in the PS3 will probably be able to fit into a palm pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back