Elitegroup l7vmm3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the elitegroup l7vmm3 motherboard and have carefully gone over everything in the instructions that came from the reseller and browsed the book that it came with very thoroughly.

My problem:
There is no video or POST. No beeps, no nothing. I shouldn't say nothing because initially it looks like the system is going to the boot and then the monitor light just starts blinking like there is no video signal coming through.

I have tried the memory that was sent with the board. I have bought memory from PNY and K-Byte and put those in on the board. Still nothing. I haven't been able to locate anything in the book about how to set the FSB. Ummm, there is an onboard 32 MB video card and I have tried to install a 128 GeForce card in the AGP slot with the same results in both. I would have reseated the CPU but it is built into the board.

Anyone know what I am overlooking?

Welcome to TechSpot

Take the AGP-card out. Boot up and go in your BIOS to the PCI / Plug and Play Setup Page and change the setting: Primary Graphics Adapter from PCI to AGP.

Your mobo allows for 4xAGP, AGP version 2.0 cards.
Your new AGP-card might require a different voltage from what your mobo supplies, so check its specs carefully.

Download the mobo-manual here:
ftp://ftp.ecs.com.tw/manual/mb/eng/l7/l7vmm3_10.zip

Try clearing your CMOS by shorting jumper JP2 on your board. Once this is done, press the DEL key to enter the bios and try doing as Realbackstuff has stated.

Realblackstuff: I get the same results when it's connected to the onboard video as I do with the AGP card.

poertner: I will give it a go tonight and see what happens. I hope it's that simple and I can get this thing running.

Okay, I found the problem. I had a 300W power supply which I thought was enough power for it but was wroing. I bought a 400W and everything is up and running but now I am having another problem.

It's an AMD Athlon 3000 but the processor speed shows up as 1.67 GHz and I know it's got to be faster than that. I have an AMD 2600 that clocks at 2.2 GHz. I can't find anything that tells me how to get the speed of the processor that I desire.

Your assistance is appreciated in advance.

If it's a real 3000+ AthlonXP, it should either run at 2167mhz ( with a 166hz FSB ) or 2100mhz ( with a 200mhz FSB ).

The problem is we have no idea how to really know what chip is on that mainboard. ECS has a bad habit of using certain chips & rebadging them under a different name ( Athlon Pro 2000+ which runs at 1400mhz instead of 1667mhz for example ).

Here's a thread on the subject -> Beware of Duron PR Ratings fiasco

Ironically enough, it says that it is an Athlon XP processor, not a Duron...

On my other system, I have an Athlon 2600 but if I change a setting in the bios, it can be a 1900. So my question is more about whether there is a setting on this board to change it to a different speed.

I know EVERYTHING in the book and such says that the processor is supposed to be a Duron but that isn't the case in this one. I will live with it if it is in fact and Athlon 2000 but I am disappointed in the fact that I thought I was getting something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back