Emachine help.. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well i'm not very computer savvy for starters so throwing Zibor0-2.23 De-flux Compositors at me won't work. Hahah. But I am having some big problems with my computer.

Model - T 5230

I haven't had it long, only about a month. But while playing WoW I would freeze and about 3/4th the time it would stop after around 20-30 seconds and come back outta this freeze. But the other 1/4th it doesn't and I have to reboot. Somedays it freezes 4-5 times and some days it doesn't at all.

I was reading through some of the threads but couldn't really find what this problem could be. Not sure if it's the power supply or Graphics Card.

That basics are: Nvida GeForce 6150SE, 1024 MB DDR2 (duel channel), 250 GB SATA II 7200 RPM w/ 8 MB Cache for the hardrive, AMD Athlon 64 x2 Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz / 2x512 KB L2 Cache / 2000 MHz System Bus.

I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date too

If anyone could help or has any idea where to go that might help it would GREATLY appreciated! =D

Thanks

What else is happening....?

Inadequate power supply is a good guess. Overheating could be another.
The machine could also have too many programs loading at startup. Use >Control< >Alt< >Delete< (the Task Manager)to find what else is using system resources. New PCs tend to load a bunch of unnecessary "crapware" as the PC manufacturers have been paid to put it there.

Well I doubt it would be heat, but I'm mostlikly wrong, lol.

I tried your idea on closing a bunch of prossess I don't need. Hopefully it works, if not I'll check back. Thanks a bunch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back