Emachine Mess up PLZ HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaorichan

when i power the unit on it will beep conestly and it will come up the E logo and the prossccer logo but will not boot windows XP and it does not stop beeping untill you turn it off by hitting the power button on the unit

System specs?

With eMachines(I have one, emachines t2682), sometimes this happens because the processor driver is corrupted or missing. Try installing your processor drivers again or use the system restore disk(system restore disk wipes all files on hdd :( )

Also, can you give me how it beeps? Heres how ill tell you what is wrong:

'.'=1 short beep
'-'=1 long beep

Example: ..--=beep beep beeeep beeeeep

hope i can help!

p.s: i need to know what bios version you have too

for teh dude who messaged before!

2.60 ghz celeron procsser, 256 mb of ram, 40 gb harddrive

this is my friends computer and im helping him with it... *knows nothing about emachines* *has a good dell, 3 panel, 1 gig ram*

Good dells run good games... like haaaaaaaalo!

and the beeps
-.--
and the floppy lights up

There is something definetly wrong with a system file or the POST program stored in the motherboard. I think when the floppy lights up it means its looking for a startup disk. I would try clearing the CMOS or try going into the bios by pressing ESC. If you can get into the BIOS, tell me which version you have. If not, tell me your eMachines model number.

Sorry to disturb your time but do you have your model number? did you fix your problem?

****Nevermind, it was a graphics chip problem****
I added and agp to supplement the onboard.

//==========================================
greetings guys,

I have a similiar issue; I am working on a system for my friend so I do not know the Bios version although google tells me the bios for the "Emachines w2040" is: Pheonix

...it is an Emachines w2040 (of course)
Problem:
Monitor connection not working
usb power is off
ps2 power constant even when machine is off
no mother board beeping anymore(see below)

The motherboard was making beeps at me in the fashion of:
a long beep, then a slightly longer pause....repeated constantly.
...at that point I checked the motherboard connections and restarted the machine. The beeping disappeared.

I am at a loss for explanation or ideas to fix.
The computer also automatically powers on when plugged in.

Anyone have a clue ?
I donot have a system restore disk for this machine nor do I have access to any bios functions due to the monitor connection not working.

thanks ahead of time guys/gals

Well the beeps were error codes, but since they went away you fixed it most likely. I would open up the computer and unplug all cables (except the mobo shutdown wires and such) and check for shorts or damaged wires.

Also, sometimes you'll have a black screen if you plug the keyboard and mouse up backwards. I will laugh if this is it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back