Emachine motherboard problem

I bought a emachine two years ago. Mother board fried. Luckily it was under guarantee and was replaced free of charge. Here we are two years later and all of a sudden i keep gettin a message(shut down due to cpu overheating). I bring the computer back to future shop where i bought it. They tell me once again mother board is finished. Guess what? guarantee is finished. So there goes at least a thousand bucks. My arguement is that they had changed this part already once. Shouldn't the guarantee be from the day they changed my mother board? for all i know, they could of replaced this with a used part or faulty part. Now i'm getting told by friends to just scrap the emachine and buy something new and better. Any advice out there on this problem?

I bought a emachine two years ago. Mother board fried. Luckily it was under guarantee and was replaced free of charge. Here we are two years later and all of a sudden i keep gettin a message(shut down due to cpu overheating). I bring the computer back to future shop where i bought it. They tell me once again mother board is finished. Guess what? guarantee is finished. So there goes at least a thousand bucks. My arguement is that they had changed this part already once. Shouldn't the guarantee be from the day they changed my mother board? for all i know, they could of replaced this with a used part or faulty part. Now i'm getting told by friends to just scrap the emachine and buy something new and better. Any advice out there on this problem?
The most expensive Emachine on the planet can be had for about 700 bucks, why would you even consider spending a thousand to fix one.

Warranty periods usually do not start anew with replacement parts. They toll from the date of the original part.

To clarify I meant warranty's in general, not just Emachine's. It's too bad about your poor experience with Emachines but problems with Emachines are common although not necessarily universal. I would feel the same as you though.

Back