Emachine--Need help trying to disable BIOS Shadowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running a T2825 Emachine, andi think that the problem to a certian program running (not at OS) is related to BIOS Shadowing. I don't have any manuals (computer was a gift) and just wondering if anyone can help me.

Goal is to Disable BIOS shadowing, if only temporary, to determine if it the cause to my problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Escapadius

not sure what key needs presed on start up
more in likely the delete key if not the F1
on start screen start pressing the delete key a few secs at a time this should get you to bios(you may have to start pressing if the MB has a splash screen
come up.
scroll through to advanced? shouild be there down the list to disable shadowing
I just loaded an older AMD 700mhz with W2K and had to disable shadowing .

hmm....the key was f9 or something, and i didn't find the disable shadowing option. Perhaps its named differently...

hmm? Anyone with more exact info?

Did u find it?

Hey Escapadius.
When I'm try to run my recovery partition on a Hp-laptop I get blue-screen.
The magic wonder-screen of windows tells me to disable bios shadowing.

And, in the bios setup found by f9 or f10 there is a setting in time delay where you can press f9, f10 OR f12.

I didn't suceed to disable shadowing or presing f12. And therefor I wonder if u managed to fix this ****ty situation?

Excuse my lowsy english grammar, I'm a proud Swede.

//rQbinN

The eMachines T-2825 has a history of a very high failure rate. If it is not working, or is behaving wierdly, assume the worst. The motherboards on that model often cannot be repaired.
Tell us more about the problem you have that makes you feel the BIOS shadowing is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back