Emachine says boot from CD well I have done that and it still gives me the same error

Status
Not open for further replies.
My emachine crashed and when I turn it on it says boot from CD so I do that and then it says to press any key after it has restored from CD so when I press any key it gives me the same message message that I started with "boot from CD". How can I get into my C:\ or the programming of the computer?

Your hard drive is probably toast... You might try and reset the CMOS by removing the button battery on the motherboard with the computer unplugged from the wall. What model eMachines is this?

emachine

2260 it is about 5 or 6 years old. Do you think geek squad could do anything with it or am I wasting my time? Thanks for the quick reply.

After setup has copied the files from the CD and reboots, you should get the message to press any key to boot from CD, correct? At this point do NOTHING. Setup should continue on its own. Try this and see what happens.

This eMachines is way past it's useful life. If Mailpup's post doesn't work, you will be better off saving for a new computer. I doubt if the "geeksquad" would even look at this for you. I'm sure they would love to sell you a new computer though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back