Sep 15, 2006
  1. I haave an aunts emachine t1119

its been laynig in storage
    indors
    for about a year and a half

when i plug it in to power it up all the fans spinup but no post

remvoded he bttery for 2 days still same thing

im thinkin the mobo or the psu

can i test it with a regular psu i got laying around or do i newd an emachine psu

like dell used to do i think

thanks

2. Hodsocks

Hodsocks TS Guru Posts: 372

A regular PSU will do the trick.

3. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

If the fan comes on and nothing happens then you need to replace the power supply. Power goes to the power supply first. Test it with a known good power supply and go from there.

4. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,077

no dice with a new psu

entermax 380

now is it thwe mobo or the cpu

alredy tried a vid card

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

No workie Emachines mean new motherboard needed. Never use the same motherboard, go for another manufacturer's board

6. dmill89

dmill89 TS Guru Posts: 475

Yes, Unforutnitely E-machines are known for poor quality powersupplies that oftain spike and fry the motherboards. Motherboards in older E-machines are also of poor quality and oftain die on their own. Either way you will likely need a new motherboard and powersupply.

7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Yes,
    dmill89 if you replace the motherboard and power supplies in ALL Emachines systems they would probably be as dependable as most name brand systems

The RAM and CPU in this T1119 should be ok. I know some of the Emachines power supplies have less-than-working protection circuits, but the motherboards are just substandard in all aspects. Afterall, if you replace the motherboard and power supplies there's not much else but the case

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.