swker98

I haave an aunts emachine t1119

its been laynig in storage
indors
for about a year and a half

when i plug it in to power it up all the fans spinup but no post

remvoded he bttery for 2 days still same thing

im thinkin the mobo or the psu

can i test it with a regular psu i got laying around or do i newd an emachine psu

like dell used to do i think

thanks

If the fan comes on and nothing happens then you need to replace the power supply. Power goes to the power supply first. Test it with a known good power supply and go from there.

No workie Emachines mean new motherboard needed. Never use the same motherboard, go for another manufacturer's board

Tmagic650 said:
No workie Emachines mean new motherboard needed. Never use the same motherboard, go for another manufacturer's board

Yes, Unforutnitely E-machines are known for poor quality powersupplies that oftain spike and fry the motherboards. Motherboards in older E-machines are also of poor quality and oftain die on their own. Either way you will likely need a new motherboard and powersupply.

Yes,
dmill89 if you replace the motherboard and power supplies in ALL Emachines systems they would probably be as dependable as most name brand systems

The RAM and CPU in this T1119 should be ok. I know some of the Emachines power supplies have less-than-working protection circuits, but the motherboards are just substandard in all aspects. Afterall, if you replace the motherboard and power supplies there's not much else but the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back