Emachine T2825 ( no power NADA, NOTHING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!!!
We have a Emachine T2825 I have already read about many problems these machines have but each is alittle different.
The problem: Left yesterday ( computer is always on) came home and no computer and no monitor. Didn't think much about it, tested plug and outlet and still nothing. I mean nothing no lights , no fan , no noise at all. Took batterey out and still nothing. Decided to do what everyone else thought and change power supply. Still nothing not even one little light. Before this is was running perfectly. We have two sticks of memory and tested them one at a time in each slot. Still nothing. One thing I was wondering was with a new power supply wouldn't atleast the fan come on in the power supply unit itself
or is it all still feed throught the motherboard? another thing is while taking it apart the power, LED & the other one came off and I'm not sure what pins or in what order they are suppose to go back in. Oh, I put my hard drive into another computer and had no problems there. SO, I felt I was down to either
notherboard or CPU. Can ANYONE think of anything else I can try before going out and investing in new components?

THANK YOU , I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME!

lorri_fl said:
One thing I was wondering was with a new power supply wouldn't atleast the fan come on in the power supply unit itself
or is it all still feed throught the motherboard? another thing is while taking it apart the power, LED & the other one came off and I'm not sure what pins or in what order they are suppose to go back in.
First off calm down.

Why would a power supply fan come on if its not powering up a computer? Some may, but its an exception rather than the rule. So using that as an indicator isn't a good idea.

Its likely your motherboard died, there are probably 100 threads on Techspot in the last 3 months with emachines and power supplies and motherboards dying.

You are scaring me with your confusion of pins, is this something where you pulled the switch off the motherboard and that is why it won't turn on? What in the world were you doing by any LED wires when putting a new power supply in?

No power Emachine T2825

After the computer shut off and wouldn't come back I , I opened the case and replaced the power supply. Once that didn't work then I was going to use a power button from another computer. Thats when I took the wires off the pins thinking I would remember how they went back. Guess what I didn't ..lol Would the wires go back the same on all Emachines? I have acess to another one but wasn't sure if they are all the same. I guess there isn't a way to check a cpu or motherboard without replacing it.

Not sure where the wires go back on the MOBO on an eMachine. But if you read the other posts (click on the link Tedster posted) on this site about eMachines you will see that MOST of them when the PSU goes, so does the MOBO.

lorri fl, please use our search features as there are plenty of threads about dead Emachine's that will give you all the information you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back