Emachine T3092 Mother Board Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Emachine T-3092 and need to replace mother board and CPU potentially due to a failure. Have not replace one before. Need to know suggested motherboard as I could not find it on E-Machine website. Thanks.

You will most likely end up replacing everything except the case. Any ATX or mini-ATX board should fit. How many PCI slots do you have now? 3? The power supply should be changed while your at it... Just deside what processor and memory you want to use, and select a motherboard that will run it.

Thanks. Do you have a suggestion if I just want to upgrade processor but use same ram I just purchased which is DDR 2700 (two 1 gig sticks) or should I just try to send that back and get new ram. Point here is, this is a low grade, low use machine for tax program, office files, holding pictures, emailing, internet searches and low resource on line games such as yahoo wordracer or texas hold em. We don't do much just want it to run faster and don't want to cost a ton. I thought of just buying a new machine but have hard drive, monitor etc.

The processor is listed here:
http://www.shopping.com/xPF-T3092

You are going to need Silicon Paste to re-do the heatsink to the processor.

Usually for hard to find parts you can get them off of eBay, but I can't find your motherboard there.

To be really honest you might be better off buying a new computer then trying to do this on your own. Because then you would have sunk some money into this and if you put the processor in wrong...you're SOL.

You do remember that neither the current hard drive, nor the Windows restore disk, will work in the new board?
In most cases the cpu, cpu fan, optical drives, modem, and memory will still work. Only the motherboard and power supply must be replaced... but replacing the motherboard also replaces the EEPROM which means you can never again get the Windows XP to work, and the hard drive will not boot.
Your choice (not a good one) is to replace the motherboard with another from eMachines at $159.95 plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back