Emachine t3104 just went

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i just moved into my dads and i haven't used it for a month or two i've been busy surfing and going to school so its been sitting ready to be hooked back up in the corner of my room. I just put it together today and when i did it loaded up normally till when i got to the welcome screen and it kinda to a while to load to the start when it did the start sound was all messed up and the screen looked like you spilt a glass of water on a monitor everything was all messed up and out of place. at first from first glance i thought the monitor blew cause it has before but it was an expensive monitor so i busted out the soldering iron and went to work fixing the thing (my cat had knocked over a glass of soda on the thing.) so i restarted and it did the same thing restarted again and hoped it was just my theme being corrupt or something (because its an xp with the vista look (sounds calander desktop and everything was vista themed). so i went to hit f11 but wasn't paying attention and missed haha. I restarted again but this time it didn't even recongnize the monitor and did it again still didn't recongnize and now im sure its the power supply/mobo because the fans don't start up you hear the clicking noise of them trying to but then it stops and goes quiet with nothing but the blue light to show for it. So i know the mobo and power supply are most likely shot but i have upped the ram buy like a gb and i put a 120gb harddrive in there too so are my ram sticks and hard drive shot too?
I read the harddrive wont work with windows xp cause it wont read but if i wipe it and use it for a xbox 360 or something along the lines of just a storage device for movies will it work?

No one can advise you if it is Ok or not, until you test it yourself (probably in another computer).

It is not advisable to work on things like Monitors and electronics, if you are unfamiliar with this. ie There is always power in it somewhere, especially CRT Monitors (ie Don't touch!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back