Status
Not open for further replies.
Emachine T6410
Athlon 3200+ 2.2ghz
MSI RS-480 MObo
Kingston 1.5gb ram pc2700
Xpress 200 on-board graphics
160 gb hard drive

Went from on-board (disabled in Bios) to Sapphire X-800 GTO 128 mb ...install fine, worked fine for 8 months.....

..then upgraded to PNY 7900 256mb.(ran driver cleaner)...install went fine....no probs....then built new gamer rig,...so Uninstalled the Nvidia with driver cleaner.....installed old X-800 GTO, and rebooted to blank screen...."no video input".... put in 7900 and got basic vga screen.....rebooted to Bios, enabled on-boad Xpress 200...worked fine....dropped in the x800 and again had a blank screen.......I tried to download latest Catalyst driver and it wouldnt install...said " Hardware device for driver not found" .......

tried X800 on new system with ASus mobo and again came up with a blank screen....

so both systems did not recognize the ATI X800, even though its fan was spinning.........did I fry the card? any suggestions?

I think from what you describe, the card itself is bad. Did you have a look around this site about this problem? Problems with eMachines? There are probably thousands of post about eMachines here.

BTW....Welcom to Techspot!!!!

Yeah it's easy to fry a card with static electricity or pulling it out improperly etc. If it doesn't work in both PCs, I think it's time to say goodbye :).

Offtopic fun jokes here :)

:) some jokes for offtopic

When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

Q: Did you hear about the basketball player with leprosy?
A: He was all over the court.

Q: What do you say when you see your T.V floating at night?
A: Drop it niggar.

Q: How do you confuse a female archaeologist?
A: Give her a used tampon and ask her what period it came from.

Q: How do you make five pounds of fat look good?
A: Give it a nipple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back