TechSpot

Emachines T3958 no sound coming from speakers or from headphones!

By ashleyhouston
May 17, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okay i have a model T3958 emachines computer. the speakers are Model: EMC2.0, the ones it came with. No sound is coming from the speakers or brand new headphones i just bought for it. the computer says "no playback device" "no sound device" i went to the emachines website to download the sound driver update thing, but my computer says " it doesnt recongnize the name". i called the computer helpline for emachines and they said to reboot my computer press delete 5 or 6 times to get to the bio menu and see if the hardware is correct. all of this sounds like another language...any help?!?!?! i did the reboot thing but i dont know how to see if the hardware is correct. aslo to under my hardware it doesnt list anything like a sound card...it just has audio codecs..legacy audio drivers...etc...WHAT DO I DO!!??!??!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.