Emachines Video Help - In The Dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone...hope somebody can recommend a solution:

Not too long ago I added a 3D video card to my E-Machine (T-2482). Installed the driver, card, went into the BIOS and disabled the emachines integrated video card. It worked, I played my games...everything was hunky dory.

After recently moving, I reconnected my computer only to find that I'm not getting a video signal from the emachines to the monitor. Nothing. Blank. I got another (working) monitor to make sure the problem wasn't my monitor (it wasn't).

My next theory is that somehow the 3D video card went bad. I've removed the 3d card and I'm trying to re-enable the integrated video card but I can't enable it because I'm not getting any kind of display. The computer boots like normal but there's nothing on the screen.

Does anyone know a way to get bios to REVERT back to the integrated video card (keeping in mind that I can't see a darned thing on the screen)? I would try a reboot but it's not an auto-cd...I have to explore the cd and click on a program which I can't do because I have no display!

HELP!!!!!!!! (and thanks!)

Jose

You could try clearing the cmos by using a jumper(if you have one), or removing the battery for a minute or so. If the integrated is "default", it will set the display back to the integrated, good luck.

Does your graphics card have 2 monitor ports, most do. If you do, try the other port if you can.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That did it!!!! Popped the battery like you said and gave it a few minutes...YOU ARE THE MAN! Almost bought a new computer... Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Jose

Great, glad it worked for you. Now, you might want to go to the bios and set it to use the "optimized defaults" option, as the basic default will work, but probably not at maximum performance, or if you know what you're doing in the bios, you can change the values yourself. I'm sure it's quite a relief to see the screen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back