EMachines won't boot up properly -- have error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy
I have an eMachines D2823, loaded with XP Home Edition.
It has 325 Celeron D processor

other stuff,
2.53 GHz 256K L2 cache 533MGz FSB

My error message I am receiving is this--

“Windows didn’t start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.--[nope]

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files or folders, choose “Last Known Good Configuration” to revert to your most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure, or a Power, or a Reset button being pressed, or if you aren’t sure what caused the problem, choose “Start Windows Normally.”

[choices]

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

Regardless which option I choose above, it loops, and returns to this page again. All choices seem ignored, or stopped, and then I return to this page again.

What is this telling me? What do I need to do now?? Like anyone, I don't want to loose my stuff. [I am backed up, but not recently.]

Feel free to ask more questions, or email me at [rexulmer@gmail.com]

Thanks

Rex
ps -- I found out too late that eMachines was a poor--pooooooooooooor choice of 'puter. ru

Relax Rex,
you are not alone suffering with a failed eMachine. I bet this system has given you good service for a long while. Did you just turn it on one day and saw this error out of the blue?

This could be caused by a failing power supply, motherboard or hard drive. It is time for you to decide if you are going to spend money to repair this eMachines, or you are going to buy a new system. This eMachines repair could run into the $300 range

Tedster,
that thread is quite a mess to wade through and should be trashed... My advice for Rex to decide wether he wants to repair or replace this eMachines is more to the point

while I agree it is a long read, it is in the FAQs and does show the entire history (mostly) of the thousands of people who have bought e-crap machines.

I would try to re-set the bios
and if its in there uncheck or disable stop on errors except for keyboard/mouse
any usb devices plugged in remove for boot
any firewire the same goes
while your there check make note of temps for MB and cpu

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back