Email Client (Like Outlook Express)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemp_Drumsalot

Hello everyone. I am interested in finding an email application that you can run, like the one from microsoft, but that will allow me to import everything i have (as well as continue brining my mail from) my yahoo account. Any suggestions?

*Update*
I found the program from Firefox called Thunderbird, but I am having trouble setting up the account. I am trying to import a yahoo mail account. Anyone able to help?

I do believe you can only use your Yahoo! account via POP3/SMTP if you subscribe to the premium service. You can import your contacts but that's about it.

Hmm, I was told that by downloading an extension it would work, but when I try to install the extension to thunderbird, it says its not valid.

you can run the basic yahoo email account in IE - servers are pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail,yahoo.com. Works a treat and gets you away from all the crap advertising too.

should do - and watch for the typo in the smtp address - should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com for outgoing mail. I have not tried it with T/bird but it should work OK. For your username it is just the bit before the @ sign, your password is as usual.

See, thats what I was having trouble with yesterday, there is no place FOR my password (I am not at home at this time otherwise I would go through again). Is there a different program you use?

If you use outlook express, you can either tun the wizard to set up your email accounts of do it manually. You need to open outlook express > tools > accounts > mail > add > mail > display name = whatever you want > next > email address = your email address > next > incoming and outgoing mail servers = what I told you above > next > account name = your email address before the @ sign and your password in the box below. Click finish and then see if it works.

try webmail plugin and the yahoo plugin
load webmail first
I have msn email coming through thunderbird
and gmail
got to warn its a pain they break all the time
some allow imapi setup do a search for tuts on it

Like I said, you can use POP on Yahoo! only if you subscribe to Yahoo! Mail Plus. You would have to use a plugin otherwise, why not try to fiddle around with the one Samstoned has suggested ?

kemp_Drumsalot said:
Well, now it finally made it to asking me for my pasword, but it says its incorrect.

then if everything else is OK then there is a problem with the password. I know what Didou says, but I have a bog standard non special free yahoo account which I set up on OE and it worked first time out and is still working.

Well I know for a fact that Yahoo! accounts with a different domain (such as yahoo.fr) can use those features for free. The Yahoo.com accounts need the extra (paid for) options for it to work though.

different countries = different standards of service and facilities.
This is not helping kemo_Drumsalot - wonder where he has got to so far on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back