Email problem using DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a client that uses Verizon DSL. When he opens IE or Firefox browser and then goes to Comcast to get his email it will allow him to log in but then hangs for about 3 to 5 minuets. Once the screen opens that list his email accounts there are no graphics, all text screen. Hitting a link to open an email account after 3 to 5 minuets retruns a page can't be found error. Same problem it you go to eBay and try to log on. Here is the kicker. If he opens his AOL browser everything works fine through it. I don't think it is the machine. He uses ME. I tried using my XP laptop with the same results hardwired or wifi. Any one ever seen this before?

the DNS lookup is failing (ie timing out 3-5 minutes).
investigate the HOSTS file to ensure comcast.com is NOT present.

He also needs to set up POP3-incoming and SMTP-outgoing to his new Comcast account...Have him contact them for the info.

patio. :cool:

DNS problem

I'll check these suggestions but since it's web mail not client side like outlook or thunderbird that should not be an issue. The other odd thing is I get the same results on my latop but only on his DSL at his location? Works fine everywhere else I go. Thanks for reponding.

same results on my latop but only on his DSL at his location? Works fine everywhere else I go.​
hum; using YOUR laptop thru HIS network?

Again, the DNS is bogus and timing out, leading to 'page not found'.
Give me a private message re: the domain url for email and I'll investigate the
proper DNS addresses.

This looks like a bad Proxy or DNS service being accessed from inside the
local network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back