Email question

learninmypc

Everyday I send news articles & other stuff to several friends in my inbox.
Most of the time if/when they reply, it comes to the addy I sent it from. Other time it comes to the email address I send it to.
I do use BCC with the "To" being the address sent to.
Its really confusing as to why its happening so I hope someone has an answer. :)

I don't follow your question, you need to be more specific. Here is how the email should work:

You open up your email address, LEARNIN@Gmail.com. You select Compose, and this is what you do:

To: EMAILTWO@gmail.com, EMAILTHREE@gmail.com
BCC: EMAILFOUR@gmail.com, EMAILFIVE@gmail.com

When people above receive their emails, when they hit reply they should be replying to LEARNIN@gmail.com.

This is how email works, and if it's not working correctly for them then they have screwed up email hosting and forwarding rules, that you can't control.

Unless, from LEARNIN@gmail.com you send TO: LEARNING@gmail.com; BCC: EMAILONE@gmail.com ... since it is a blind carbon copy there is no email address that EMAILONE can reply to.

Ok, I'll try to be more clear. When I'm composing an email, it already shows FROM LEARNING@gmail.com.
I then put the To LEARNING@someone.com in the To field & in the BCC field all the contacts.
Are we both more confused now? As I said, most of the time they reply to my FROM email but occasionally it goes to the To field. :confused:

Oops, sorry, my mistake, I made an error.

The BCC recipients will always see the FROM and TO fields. The TO recipients will not see the BCC recipients.

So people in the BCC field will see that the email came from learning@firstemail.com, and was sent TO learning@secondemail.com

When they hit Reply, the email program should be using the FROM address to reply to... However the user may change that.

Oops, sorry, my mistake, I made an error.

The BCC recipients will always see the FROM and TO fields. The TO recipients will not see the BCC recipients.

So people in the BCC field will see that the email came from learning@firstemail.com, and was sent TO learning@secondemail.com

When they hit Reply, the email program should be using the FROM address to reply to... However the user may change that.
Ok & thanks. We all make misteaks :)

Back