TechSpot

Email sends itself - using Windows Mail in Vista

By smfergus
Aug 22, 2007
  1. I will be typing an email, and then all of a sudden the email will just send, even though I haven't finished, or pressed send. I have watched to see if I am pressing any particular key or key combination when this happens, and as far as I can tell, there is no pattern or predictor as to when this happens. It isn't a 'hot key' command that I am pressing without knowing it (in fact, I tried to use the keyboard command to send email and I couldn't). At the moment I am dealing with it by not putting in the address until I am finished the email, but there should be another solution, I would think.

I am using Windows Mail in Vista, on a Toshiba Satellite A200 TR4 laptop.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

ALT-S will send - happens to me all the time because I have fat fingers and try to type too fast.

3. Po`Girl

Po`Girl TS Rookie Posts: 595

There should be a solution,your right.

The trouble is Vista is still new,so people are

still discovering bugs for the first time.

I never put the address in until I`m ready to send.

Too many painful experiences.:blush:

4. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

Leaving the address out also helps make sure you don't send the message to the wrong people too!

5. smfergus

smfergus TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, I'm just going to keep on doing that, rather than risk sending something inadvertently - and if I am the only one in the world who has this complaint, then I'll have to go back and look again at what I might be doing to make this happen - much more comforting to blame Microsoft, though!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.