TechSpot

Embedded YouTube Videos Missing "Full Screen" Icon

By Rabbit01
Jun 18, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. I've noticed that when playing embedded YouTube videos on Techspot, the "Full Screen" icon at the bottom right of the video isn't displayed. I get the "Watch Later", "CC" and "Settings" icons. But not the "Full Screen" icon. This is the case w/ both FireFox (37.0.2 & 38.0.5) and Chrome browsers (43.0.2357.124). Plus the Boat Browser on my Samsung S4. However, when I view the same pages in IE11, the "Full Screen" icon is visible. Puzzling.

Same issues on desktop w/ Win7 64 bit and work laptop running Win7 Pro 32 bit.

Anyone encountering this same odd behavior? I can click on the YouTube icon and watch the video there, so it's not that big of a deal. Would be nice to get that icon back though, it was there before.

Thanks.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

We've noticed the same, tried a handful of things to correct it but as far as we can tell it's YouTube removing it from the embed for some reason. We'll continue to investigate but in the meantime we're going near full-screen when videos are the real showcase in a news story:

http://www.techspot.com/news/60985-new-doom-looks-pretty-badass.html

3. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 787   +58

Glad to know I'm not imagining. Anyway, the near full-screen setup is nice.