Emergency cpu temps at 70c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynesy

My CPU temperature during while just running windows, not doing anything hard is 70c or 158f degrees, please, please, please help, im not even turning on my computer

How can your system be anywhere above room temperature if the pc isnt even on...? Please clarify.

Regards,

Korrupt

you can add an extra cooler over the cpu cooler or change/reseat the heatsink on the cpu or your sensors have gone bogus.
Oh..ain't that the oven you're lookin at? the oven may have a high temperature even if the pc is not turned on!!!! :haha: <- that was a joke :)
i edited my post i understood what he tryed to say.
i think he ain't turning on the pc because he's afraid of the high temp.

What CPU do you have? For some cpus, 70c isn't too high at all.

Assuming that 70c is in fact too high, first make sure all your case fans are spinning, then buy yourself a can of compressed air and get all the dust out of there.

If those don't fix you up, you'll probably want to reseat your heatsink/fan. Here's a good "how to" guide: http://compreviews.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/DIYCPU.htm

I meant i didnt want to turn the pc on in fear of overheating it.
Mine processor is a pentium 4 3.00 ghz 1 a half years old
PS my second computer is using a pentium 4 3.01 ghz and its temp is 45 c, my friends computer is running a pentium 4 3.00 ghz and he has a temp of about 45 c as well

Yes, for a P4 cpu, your temps are too high, and you need to fix it right away. Follow the instructions in my post above.

(I'd take a look at what your bios is reporting for your temps as well, just to get a second opinion).

Good luck!

the BIOS reads the CPU at 70 degrees celcius, i will get the can of compressed air too, i just the the article on the link u just posted

Those temps are dangerous unless you have a Prescott CPU. If you have a Northwood P4, they're DAMN high.
If you have a Prescott P4, they're "normal". Of course try to reseat the heatsink and apply new arctic silver 5.

Good luck!

wolfram said:
Those temps are dangerous unless you have a Prescott CPU. If you have a Northwood P4, they're DAMN high.
If you have a Prescott P4, they're "normal". Of course try to reseat the heatsink and apply new arctic silver 5.

Good luck!

Actually that is high for a Prescott at idle.and near the high end of acceptable under load. P4 Prescotts will shut themselves down at 80C. MY P4 prescott runs at 45C at idle and 50C with a 100% load (thanks to MY BTX case). He defently needs to do something about cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back