Employee-only white Xbox Ones hit eBay starting at $1,800

By Shawn Knight
Mar 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Back in August, a number of Microsoft employees were gifted an exclusive white and silver Xbox One as the company's way of saying "thanks" for the hard work they put into the project. Now it appears that some lucky recipients...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

$1800-$3600? You're BS-ing us! right?
  3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Anyways I was actually noticing these and thinking that it took awhile for these to finally surface on ebay.

I would expect the employees to sell these as they would make a nice profit off them.
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,162

Never underestimate the power of fanboyism.
    havok585 and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  5. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +193

I'd think it's more the deep pockets of wealthy collectors. I'd be willing to bet that the people shelling out that much money on unique system would do the same for a PS4 or even Wii U equivalent.
    spectrenad and MilwaukeeMike like this.
  6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,162

Collecting limited edition/unique modern consoles is a form of fanboyism in my book. There are exceptions, such as unmitigated vanity, but an XBOne with different colored plastic is a difficult sell as "collector's item".
  7. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 467   +96

"Buy it not" price? Is that an epic typo or was that intentional?
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Rip off. It does look quite dope though.
  9. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Well remember guys, these are "Limited Editions" only given out to Microsoft Xbox ONE employees. People like to collect things and something like this just fits the bill nicely.

Its something that is not normal and available to the public, whether or not its just a different piece of plastic is irrelevant in the eyes of a collector. What makes a NES game like Nintendo World Championships so rare? By that logic it would be no different than a copy of Legend of Zelda on NES.

In respect to collectors, its just the way things are and people will pay a price for what they want whether or not it is a good buy or not.
    spectrenad, davislane1 and treeski like this.
  10. Microsoft should have mass produced these white ones.
  11. je29836

je29836 TS Rookie Posts: 26

Microsoft should have to pay someone $3600 to take that piece of ****
  12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

I agree! If they are going to make a rare box, they could at least put some thought into the development of that which makes it different.
  13. I love it. A gift for their hard work, shoved on an auction site, for they already know, it just really isn't that good. They would rather have a fancy toaster, of course in a collectors edition employee only color.

Ah XBO. You truly suck
  14. dunebeetle

dunebeetle TS Member Posts: 22   +8

I should take a dump and try to sell it with the logo "I made this"
  15. cliffordcooley

That wouldn't work unless it had an Apple logo.
    havok585 and davislane1 like this.
  16. Wow, the xbox team quickly made a custom xbox for their own team, for their own use. You must stay awake at night thinking about things to be disappointed with.
  17. cliffordcooley

Well to start with, I'm disappointed the console is not a thing of the past. But since it is not, we should be able to select a color that best matches the surrounding of the room. That is for those of you that actually put money into the little underpowered boxes.
  18. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 86

At that price it better come hand delivered by a super model with a box of condoms.
  19. theBest11778

theBest11778 TS Addict Posts: 218   +64

Considering no one knows how many of these have been produced, and if you'll need one for a complete VG collection... $3600 is a bit of a stretch, but $1800 isn't the end of the world. You do realize that in 10 years someone more rich will pay $18,000 for that same Xbox... it's either a smart investment, or a critical part of a collection. Either way people will pay whatever they think it's worth. I'd personally get dual Titan Blacks, but that's just me.
    misor and treeski like this.
  20. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Booster Posts: 204   +28

More like in 10 months the price will be $299.00
  21. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

450$ titanfall xbone bundle x 4 = 1800$ = 1 white 'limited edition' xbone.
    sounds like a no-brainer win for the 4 xbones.

so the xbone gift microsoft gave to some/many/all of its employees is counted as sales against ps4? :)
  22. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Never underestimate the power of stupidity, they'll most likely be worthless when MS releases a white variant. Remember this is tech and apart from a few iconic Apple products, tech is a very bad investment.
  23. havok585

havok585 TS Booster Posts: 121   +19

Never ever underestimate the power of STUPID.
  24. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TS Addict Posts: 287   +73

I would much rather take that $1800 to $3600 and build one hell of a Gaming PC. Nothing against the Xbox ONE, but I would get more (and better) use of that money elsewhere. But I can see where a "Collector" would want one of these units.
  25. cliffordcooley

People who spend that kind of cash on just anything, probably already has a powerful gaming rig.