< AGP Bus >
    Version: 2.00
    Max Data Transfer Rate: 4x
    Side Band Enabled: No
    Side Band Support: Yes
    Fast-Writes Enabled: No
    Fast-Writes Support: Yes
    Aperture Size: 64MB

I ran the sandra benchmark(freeware version) few weeks ago. Its says that "fast-write" is not enabled, does someone knows how to enable it?
  2. Ravellidar

Ravellidar Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

For fast writes to work it has to be enabled with both the drivers and in the bios. Check to see if its enabled in the bios. If it is then it could be an issue with motherboard drivers or vid card drivers. Good luck :)
  3. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

I'd say check our updated NVIDIA guide buts its not yet ;)
    Download NVMax at http://nvmax.com & in the System -> AGP menu be sure that Fast Writes setting is Ticked in black (not grey). You'd probably be better off enabling Sidebands though.
  4. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

Geforcefaq

5. Ravellidar

Ravellidar Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

Fast Writes and Geforce 2's

Question....is fast writes enabled by default on Geforce 2's? I remember one of the biggest selling points of my GTS was that it had "4xAGP and Fast writes". When I would install the drivers and check it with WCPUID it would say that Fast writes was enabled. This was as long as I made sure I had it enabled in the bios.
  6. DogStar

DogStar Newcomer, in training Posts: 142

Doesn't the Mobo have to support fastwrites?
    I have a GF2 MX400 on an Intel SE440BX mobo and from my understanding my vid card supports fastwrites but not SBA but my Mobo supports SBA but not fastwrites.

p.s. I had this anyways.:(
    Until this
  7. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,268

Just downloaded the NVmax, a cool program! :)
    Its an article or detail about optimum settings on nVIDIA Cards by using this tool?
  8. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

Yup, well posted now. You can use another other utility either of course Geforce Tweak Utility or well, whatever the others are as they all should do the exact same stuff. I just prefer NVmax basically.
  9. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Not that fast writes make a great deal of difference - maybe only 1-2fps, or a few 3d Marks.

If you want to squeeze every last bit of performance though enable them, but they can cause instability.
  10. Federelli

Federelli Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

Imo fast writes r very inestable when u oerclock and it's not worth enabling them, it's better to have a game working at 90 fps than having it about to lock up at 92
  11. ldogg

ldogg Newcomer, in training Posts: 38

What does fast write do anyway?
  12. DaveSylvia

DaveSylvia Newcomer, in training Posts: 127

Very complex 3D-objects and geometry requires the CPU to transfer a huge amount of triangle-data to the graphics chip. Normally the CPU would have to travel through the memory to get to the graphics chip. Fast-writes allow the CPU to send triangle-data directly to the graphics chip.
  13. ldogg

ldogg Newcomer, in training Posts: 38

Oh ok I get it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.