< AGP Bus >
Version: 2.00
Max Data Transfer Rate: 4x
Side Band Enabled: No
Side Band Support: Yes
Fast-Writes Enabled: No
Fast-Writes Support: Yes
Aperture Size: 64MB

I ran the sandra benchmark(freeware version) few weeks ago. Its says that "fast-write" is not enabled, does someone knows how to enable it?

For fast writes to work it has to be enabled with both the drivers and in the bios. Check to see if its enabled in the bios. If it is then it could be an issue with motherboard drivers or vid card drivers. Good luck :)

I'd say check our updated NVIDIA guide buts its not yet ;)
Download NVMax at http://nvmax.com & in the System -> AGP menu be sure that Fast Writes setting is Ticked in black (not grey). You'd probably be better off enabling Sidebands though.

Geforcefaq

From www.geforcefaq.com :

Q. How can I enable AGP Sidebanding?
Before you read this question: Don't worry too much if you can't get AGP sidebanding enabled. There's only about 1-2fps in it and it can cause instability.

If you have a Creative card, there is a utility called AGP Wizard that you can use to enable AGP sidebanding. You can read more about it in the following question: 'What is and where can I get AGP Wizard?'.

In the 3.69 and later drivers you can use the athlonsbaon.reg registry file to enable sidebanding on Athlon motherboards only - available here:
http://www.geforcefaq.com/files/athlonsbaon.reg
If you have problems after enabling this, use the athlonsbaoff.reg registry file to disable it again - available here:
http://www.geforcefaq.com/files/athlonsbaoff.reg

WARNING: The registry file may not work if you have a 64MB Prophet II card. It seems that AGP sidebanding is disabled in the video BIOS for Athlons with that card. In addition you may not be able to use AGP Sidebanding if you have the Athlon AGP2X hack enabled as well in the 5.xx drivers.

If you have an ASUS card, you can download a special Flash BIOS file that will enable sidebanding from the ASUS website.

If you really like living dangerously, it is possible to change your BIOS file before you flash it so that sidebanding is enabled. However, this will invalidate your warranty, and could in theory mess up your card. Don't email me or your manufacturer's technical support for more information or if it messes up your card!

You can download various BIOS editors from the following website:
http://www.x-bios.3dgames.ru/

Once again, this is for experienced users only.

The sidebanding registry hack (involving the DISABLEAGPSIDEBAND key) that is being spread around is fake and does not work.

Fast Writes and Geforce 2's

Question....is fast writes enabled by default on Geforce 2's? I remember one of the biggest selling points of my GTS was that it had "4xAGP and Fast writes". When I would install the drivers and check it with WCPUID it would say that Fast writes was enabled. This was as long as I made sure I had it enabled in the bios.

Doesn't the Mobo have to support fastwrites?
I have a GF2 MX400 on an Intel SE440BX mobo and from my understanding my vid card supports fastwrites but not SBA but my Mobo supports SBA but not fastwrites.

p.s. I had this anyways.:(
Until this

Just downloaded the NVmax, a cool program! :)
Its an article or detail about optimum settings on nVIDIA Cards by using this tool?

Originally posted by young&wild
Just downloaded the NVmax, a cool program! :)
Its an article or detail about optimum settings on nVIDIA Cards by using this tool?
Yup, well posted now. You can use another other utility either of course Geforce Tweak Utility or well, whatever the others are as they all should do the exact same stuff. I just prefer NVmax basically.

Not that fast writes make a great deal of difference - maybe only 1-2fps, or a few 3d Marks.

If you want to squeeze every last bit of performance though enable them, but they can cause instability.

Imo fast writes r very inestable when u oerclock and it's not worth enabling them, it's better to have a game working at 90 fps than having it about to lock up at 92

Very complex 3D-objects and geometry requires the CPU to transfer a huge amount of triangle-data to the graphics chip. Normally the CPU would have to travel through the memory to get to the graphics chip. Fast-writes allow the CPU to send triangle-data directly to the graphics chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back