Encrypted files but...not right symetric codeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Sam

i had to share my computer with my brother. he figured out a way to access all my files, so i encrypted them. then a few days later, i backed up the hdd onto a portable hdd. needless to say a week later, i needed to reformat. now, how can i recover the encrypted data w/o the key or the symetric crap and the whatnot, if its even possible.

i realize how dificuilt this will be so, i honestly dont expect a response. just putting it out there.

:chef: Well, how did you encrypt the data files. Are you running XP? Need more info about the specifics to help you.

It should be possible, just need a lot more information like blaacksheep said. It might take some doing, but should be achievable :)

oh my bad. i have an un-activated copy of windows XP Pro, SP2 and all major updates including .net framework 1.1. like i said, its a fresh install, about 10 days old. i used the windows encryption thing. i read a bit about it, but nothing helpful. just how it works. i dont know enuff about it to manipulate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back