Entry Point Not Found Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcoop103

When booting up my Win2K system after installing a DLINK network card I get a blue screen with the message ( STOP, ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND) This is a new NIC and it is compatible with all windows versions.

Any ideas why I get this message and what to do about it?

Thanks, Bob

did this error start after you installed the device?
Did you install any other device make any system changes etc?
were you properly grounded during the installation?

all of these are key if you noticed it after you installed the device... remove it. Try it in another machine
if you don't have a nother PC try a friends, if that doesn't work then its probably a bad component take it back or RMA it simiple

I have tried 2 identical NIC's with the same result. The system works ok when I remove the card's and everything works ok with another brand of NIC but I have not tried the cards in another computer yet.

Go to Control Panel/Add-Remove hardware, check the Uninstall twice, the tick 'Show hidden devices', browse through the list and uninstall any NIC you can find. Repeat until no more are found.
You probably have a hardware/driver conflict from a previous card.
You could also try another PCI-slot, normally the middle of 5 is fine. Do NOT install next to the AGP-card!
Switch off Firewall and AV before you install the drivers, and be NOT connected to the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back