Epic Games licenses Unreal Engine 3 for federal training software

By Leeky
Mar 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Epic Games has teamed up with Virtual Heroes, a firm specializing in interactive learning simulation software for the healthcare, federal and corporate markets, announcing a long-term agreement that will see their…

Read the whole story
  2. I have always been a fan of Epic and their Unreal engine; for all the quality material they have been pumping out over the years.

Ever since the original UT (my first shooter <3), I have had so much respect for what the guys and gals at Epic do.

Much respect to the studio, apart from all their other achievements, this is just another reason why I consider them the best in the business. Outstanding.

-AcIII
  3. Butch

Butch TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 112

I agree. Epic has done a great job with the unreal engine. In fact I used it to get a job recently. I am a Sales Consultant and a large part of my job is giving presentations and demos of complex software to large groups. I was asked to come in and do a presentation/demonstration to the hiring committee for the position I was seeking. I was told I could demo anything I wanted (Word, Excel, anything). I wanted to do something different and decided to demo the Unreal 3 Engine. I created a very cool level, imported my PowerPoints in the level as road signs and gave my opening presentation within the game itself. I then demo'ed the software by creating a simple level. It was very cool. I got the job.

Oh, and the company I now work for has NOTHING to do with gaming...
  4. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 783   +85

Nice creativity. That's some epic work

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.