Epson Stylus Color II blurry printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I didn´t find a printers section on the forum so i hope someone could help me out here. See, i have this old stylus color II printer. It printed well since it was here about 8 years (man this thing is older, i guess 1995 but still rocks)...a few months ago i printed 2 book with it (thats its normal task, to print some books i often like) but i used refilled generic cartridges from a loooooong time ago since this cartridges are not manufactured any longer. So, it started printing blury at the end...and i kept that way. I've cleaned the head about 30 times and still prints missaligned dots and i cant get it to print clear as it was doing 200 pages before. I dont thing head is dead, i know its clogged but i cant manage to get it clean again. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Hi Nodsu,

since this printer is running under xp it is using the driver xp carries por this printer..so it doesnt have a special maintenance section on the preferences options. Many of the other printers i have here do have that maintenance option since they carry their own driver and those are more recent printers. Do you know if there's a maintenance utility out there that could help me out to align this printer ?

thanks a lot.

I don't know if anyone makes them for that printer, but some cleaning cartridges like this but for your printer model might be worth giving a shot.

Also there is some info on this page that may or may not be beneficial.

Download the latest driver package for your printer from Epson. Even if the drivers don't install, there may be a separte utility. Or, if all else fails, get a 1995 computer with a 1995 OS and calibrate your printer there.

Hi guys........i finally got the old DOS mode calibrating software...i calibrated it as long as i can understand what was this thing printing...it didnt get better calibrating it...actually, it printed every calibration page worse and worse...i guess this thing is officially dead...wont get better with 30 o 40 head cleanings or calibrating sequences....i guess its time for it to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back